Sat Sep 19 2020 at 10:00 am to Sun Sep 20 2020 at 04:30 pm
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Spread the word
We are happy to tell you that we will be able to go forward with this weekend’s Animal Flow workshop. We have confirmed that our workshop is a legally permitted activity, since it is an educational training, and does not fall any of the social gathering rules. We also confirmed with the venue that will be able to host us. We are taking a few extra steps to comply with COVID-19 prevention procedures, which do include a few changes to our usual procedures:
1) We are committed to exceeding the required social-distancing guidelines. We are running the workshop at a reduced capacity and will have HALF the number permitted under COVID distancing rules (which is already greatly reduced from the actual venue capacity). The Osmani Centre is a large venue with lots of open space, so we will all have plenty of room to move without running into each other.
2) The venue has hand sanitizing stations on every floor, and we’ll take extra breaks to use them.
3) We have provided the venue with all of your names and numbers for a contact tracing list. In the event anyone in the venue tests positive for COVID-19, you will be notified.
4) We ask that all of you confirm that you are not experiencing COVID symptoms and have not been knowingly exposed to anyone with COVID. If you have any concerns that you may have been exposed or have symptoms, please do not attend. We will waive the cancellation policy and can transfer you to the next live or online workshop or issue you a refund.
5) Please come already dressed for the workshop, so that nobody needs to change there.
6) Please bring your lunch with you, so you do not need to leave to enter other food establishments during the break.
7) We are providing your manual to you in ELECTRONIC FORMAT, as the attached PDF download. We will not provide a hard copy at the workshop. This is in keeping with recommendations to avoid passing out things like menus or books. You do NOT need to print it out and bring it. The manual contains supplemental information, and detailed notes on all of the movements, but you do not need to reference it during the workshop itself. We do recommend bringing a sheet of paper or small notebook in case you want to take some notes.
Join us for the Animal Flow® Level 1 Workshop in London, UK on September 19-20, 2020. The two-day event is six hours each day, from 10am to 4:30pm on Saturday and Sunday. It will be hosted at the Osmani Center in London. This workshop will be taught in English, by Master Instructor Richard Scrivener.
L1 is an intensive two-day workshop (12 hours total) where you’ll learn all 30 Level 1 moves, including regressions, progressions, and variations for all skill levels. You’ll explore how and when to use each movement individually, as well as how to link them together into flows of your own design.
The workshop is open to fitness professionals and non-professionals, as we welcome everyone interested in becoming a better mover. Fitness professionals are eligible to become Certified AF Instructors, who are allowed to teach AF in personal training, group fitness classes, or other fitness programs. Becoming certified requires completing the test process after the workshop. Non-professionals all welcome to take the course for their own benefit, but are not authorized to teach it without first attaining an appropriate fitness credential.
You’ll cover all 6 elements of Animal Flow, including the Traveling Forms (the “ABCs” of animal movements); Switches and Transitions; Wrist Mobility; Activations; Form Specific Stretches, and, of course, Flows. The workshop starts with base positions, which systematically build in difficulty and complexity over the two days. Movements are taught within the context of scientifically-based concepts relevant to anyone working in health and fitness industries.
Your registration includes:
- Complimentary access the full library of instructional videos for all Level 1 movements
- Hard copy of the 74-page Student Manual
- Access to the private AF Instructors Facebook group.
- Access to Mike Fitch’s tutorial series reviewing the Call Out language used in AF
- Certificate of Completion, including proof of participation for Continuing Education credits.
Continuing Education Credits
The Level 1 course is approved to provide continuing education credits from: ACE 1.1 CEUs; National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) 1.1 CEUs; Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) 11 CEUs; UK Registered Exercice Professioanla (REPS) from PD:Approval 10 CPD; New Zealand Registered Exercise Professionals (REPs) 13.75 5 CPDs; UAE REPS; Canfitpro – 8 canfitpro CECs (Assesement & Exercise Portion: 4 PTS; Program Design Portion: 4 PTS); Fitness Australia – 9 CECs pending renewal; Physical Activity Australia 3 PDPs
Who and Where:
This workshop will be taught by Animal Flow Master Instructor Richard Scrivener.
The event will be hosted at the Osmani Center in Lodnon.
- Regular cost for the Level 1 Workshop is $595 USD. If you are paying in a foreign currency, the conversion is done automatically at checkout.
- Payment plans available: You can register with a 50% deposit. You will receive an email reminder to pay the balance 30 days later. Note that we do not collect credit card information and thus cannot automatically rebill you; you will need to click on the balance payment email to make the second payment.
iCause.com promotes public events for free and helps event organizers connect with nonprofits to attract more participants like you.
Additionally, the iCause Global Foundation enables good people to fund great causes around the world. Together, our impacts are limitless!