Join us on this hike through the stunning Bourne Valley - an area so beautiful it’s been officially designated the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This protected and preserved area presents lush landscapes, ancient woods, beautiful orchards and a sense of remoteness and tranquillity in Kent - a county known as the ''Garden of England''.
• Hike through a lush part of the Metropolitan Green belt
• Discover the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
• Pass the vast and awe inspiring Fairlawne mansion - the home of a Saudi Prince and a royal horse training site
• Hike on the Greensand Ridge and follow parts of the Greensand Way path
• Admire ancient hamlets and picturesque mills dating back to the 18th century
• Visit the Old Soar Manor - a 13th century knight's dwelling and an English Heritage property
• Explore the county of Kent known as the Garden of England
• Enjoy your lunch at the Shipbourne Common - a Special Landscape Area
Our hike takes place in the lush Bourne Valley - an untouched area preserved as part of the Metropolitan Green belt that boasts a colourful variety of flowers, orchards and the rare and treasured Kentish cobnut trees. We hike on the Greensand Ridge following the dreamy river past some of the ancient mills that it used to power in a bygone era.