A picturesque hiking trail through the Chilterns Hills - an officially designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• Hike to the start of the famous Ridgeway Trail - Britain's oldest trail dating back at least 5000 years
• Get views of the huge 147m white lion carved into the hillside at Whipsnade
• Walk some fantastic hills in the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
• Visit the Bridgewater Monument - a 33m tall tower built in 1832 in memory of the third Duke of Bridgewater
• Visit the tiny village of Aldbury - a picturesque setting often referred to as a ''chocolate-box'' village due to its traditional appearance
This is a great hike towards the prominent beauty spot of Ivinghoe Beacon with some superb far reaching views. It is also a beginners hike and we return to London earlier than usual, so it is ideal for people new to hiking or those who have plans for the evening. We finish in a picture postcard country pub for some well deserved refreshments.