---------- HASTINGS ----------
Hastings is famous for the Battle of Hastings, where William the Conqueror’s invasion forces defeated the English army under King Harold and established the Normans as the rulers of England. It later became one of the medieval Cinque Ports, providing ships and men for the king’s service.
It’s now a popular seaside resort and fishing port, a great place to enjoy the best English fish and chips. You can explore the Old Town with its half-timbered houses and shops, visit the remains of William the Conqueror’s first English castle which towers over the town and sea, learn more about the Battle of Hastings, take a ride up the UK’s steepest funicular railway, hike up the cliffs into the nature reserve, relax on the beautiful Hastings pier, chill on the beach beneath the cliffs at Rock-a-Nore and listen to the sounds of the sea, see Europe’s largest beach-launched fishing fleet.
---------- TRIP HIGHLIGHTS ----------
– See Hastings Castle, William the Conqueror’s first fortification in England, towering over the town and sea
– Enjoy the delicious food and view at Maggie’s Fish & Chips restaurant
Take the steepest funicular railway in the UK
– Visit the curiously designed fishing net shops and fishing museum
– See the lovely half-timbered houses and shops in Hastings Old Town
– Take a stroll through Hastings Country Park Nature Reserve
– Learn about the Battle of Hastings, which established the Normans as the rulers of England and changed the course of history
– Chill on the beach beneath the cliffs at Rock-a-Nore and listen to the sounds of the sea
– Take a relaxing stroll on the beautiful Hastings Pier
– Ride on the Hastings Miniature Railway
– See the fishing fleet at The Stade, keeping alive a thousand years of techniques and traditions
---------- ABOUT UK EXPLORERS ----------
We organise fun and professional day trips for you. Everything is taken care of, comfortable travel, a guided walk around our destinations to show you everything you need to see there, and free time to explore.
---------- LET US HELP YOU ----------
If you have any questions or need help booking your place then we can help you. Just post a comment on this event and we'll get back to you shortly, or you can message us: https://ukexplorers.co.uk/contact-us
---------- MORE TRIPS & HIKES ----------
See the full list of trips and book your place on our website: https://ukexplorers.co.uk