ECSTATIC DANCE LONDON: OUTDOOR ECSTATIC DANCE CLASSES WITH SILENT DISCO HEADPHONES
(please note - all photos & videos are from our 'pre-covid time' classes)
Join us for our Outdoor Ecstatic Dance London classes 2020! Brought to you by: - We love to dance. We love music! We love to inspire, to connect, to heal and transform!
*Respectfully Socially Distanced & Covid compliant*
The UK Government has now raised the alert level for London to “high-risk” Tier 2 taking full effect from this Friday night, 16 October 2020. We would like to confirm that our planned classes and workshops are going ahead at the Siobhan Davies Studios as per
- Exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors. These will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with, or for youth or disability sport.
We ask all participants to remain socially distanced during the class and not to mix/socialise with each other before/during or after the class.
Should you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to get in touch: youareyoubeyou | gmail ! com
MUSIC - MOVEMENT - COMMUNITY!
Dance on the Earth and beneath the Autumn Sky!
Enjoy our Ecstatic Dance classes outdoors, keep the wonderful ecstatic dance energies awake, alive, and aligned! Group Exercise/Fitness Class with Silent-Disco headphones!
We will provide complimentary Raw Vegan Cacao to superfood charge your dance with us! Using our Silent Disco - Head-Phones based sound system, we will journey together, dancing on the Earth and with the music to inspire our movements and expression.
This is a unique dance class in London!!
We would love to support your mental, physical health & wellbeing through creating opportunities for you to get fit dancing outdoors, in nature whilst also respecting physical distancing guidelines of at least 2m.
Very limited spaces available, online registration only!
◈JOIN US ANOTHER TIME: More outdoor dance dates tbc
◈ JOIN US INDOORS ON SATURDAYS at Siobhan Davies Studios or or tune in for !
◈ JOINS US FOR INDOR WORKSHOP:
INFO ABOUT OTHER OUTDOOR CLASSES:
Please join here for more info about our outdoor classes and you'll get priority booking before we announce our outdoor classes to the general public: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ecstaticdancelondon
INSTAGRAM: @urubu_school_of_transformation, @ecstatic_dance_london
EMAIL: youareyoubeyou | gmail ! com
URUBU - YOU ARE YOU, BE YOU!
We love creating beautiful dance classes for you all and we invest a lot of time, energy and skills to deliver these outdoor classes. Your support is greatly appreciated. We have set a donation option to reduce your ticket fee cost, feel free to donate more and give from abundance. Thank you in advance! Limited spaces & ticket availability!
£5 Super Earlybird (limited availability)
1 ticket per transaction please. Any bookings with lower donation amount than indicated will be refunded.
Number of participants for our outdoor classes are limited at the moment. Register now to reserve your headset. Parents with children are welcome! However, we ask that you register a ticket for children's headset as we won't have additional headsets on location.
We do not offer refunds if you cannot attend. Feel free to pass on your ticket to a friend. If we need to cancel class due to the rain, we will issue a full refund .
EVENTBRITE ORDER CONFIRMATION: Email might be in the spam folder. Please check. Do not print any paper tickets, we will check you in by your name.LOCATION:
Hampstead Heath - exact location coordinates of the dance will be in your Eventbrite order confirmation email 'Additional Information', please check your spam folder. We will send another email via Eventbrite with location & map at least 3h before the class start time.
Nearest stations - Hampstead Heath (Overground), Hampstead (Northern Line) and then it's a 15 -20 min walk to the dance location. Please check tfl for latest travel updates: tfl.gov.uk
If cycling, you can bring your bike to the dance location.SCHEDULE:
◈ 5:15pm-5:30pm Meet at the dance location and receive headphones
◈ 5:30pm-7:30pm Dance Warm-up and Stretch/ Cacao / Ecstatic Dance SoundWave
◈ 7.30pm Class endsWHAT TO BRING:
1. Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself. Dress in layers in case you get warm/cool. Bring a warm jumper/ jacket and waterproof jacket with a hood in case of a light rain. Autumn evenings are cold! We recommend that you bring gloves, hat, scarf and ensure your feet are warm!
2. Bandana headband - we will provide a clean one but you are welcome to bring your own one to secure headphones which will allow you to move your head more freely! :)
3. We encourage dancing barefoot but it's up to you. Ensure that you wear comfortable shoes and bring some wet wipes in case you want to wipe your feet after dancing barefoot.
4. Reusable water bottle and extra water to keep hydrated. Bring a thermo-flask with a hot drink if you do not wish to drink raw cacao or save the hot drink for after the dance.
5. Parents with children are welcome! However, we ask that you register a ticket for children's headset as we won't have additional headsets on location.SAFETY GUIDELINES & PREVENTION MEASURES:
- We will provide a clean headset & bandana headband (you're welcome to bring your own headband to secure headphones which will allow you to move your head more freely!)
- We will provide antibacterial wipes and hand sanitisers during the class.
- We ask that all participants keep at least 2m physical distance at all times and dance in groups of max 6 dancers. We reserve the right to take away headset of any participant who does not honour physical distancing rules.
- Our Raw Vegan Cacao is carefully prepared in a clean kitchen and will be poured in eco friendly paper cups and served on a tray. Bring your own hot drink if you do not wish to drink cacao.ABOUT ECSTATIC DANCE:
Enter an open space...and with your bare feet explore the exhilarating feeling of moving your body freely. You are invited to move, play, connect, sweat, stretch, sound, unwind, renew, release, improvise, transform. Be true to yourself, while respecting your body, in this space that we co-create together.
Our dance classes create a safe and respectful environment that embraces 'all ways'. We offer a movement practice that supports your free expression of emotions and inner space through movement and music.
Our intention for these dance classes is self-exploration, developing feel-good endorphins, and generally improving our community's mental and physical wellbeing! While also being mindful of physical distancing and keeping everyone as safe as possible!
No experience necessary.ECSTATIC DANCE PRACTICE SPECIFICS:
Warm-up: 15 minutes stretch, move/dance and reflect on the intention for the dance to a gentle sound wave.
The Practice: 60 minutes of freestyle dancing to a large sound wave featuring Live DJ set with our resident DJ Seth Newman. Some guidance & facilitation will be provided. And then we will let the music, the community and our own inner space direct our steps, our movements, our expression, our journey.
Relaxation: 15 minutes of Deep Relaxation (weather dependant)
"Our bodies instinctively know what feels good or bad, right or wrong. However, often our heads get in the way. Ecstatic Dance is about finding our way through to what feels good. How can we use dance to consciously transform towards finding joy, without denying our anger or sadness? Ask yourself: what’s my body feeling in this moment? Does it feel good moving this way, or that? Does it feel nourishing to dance with another, or dance solo? Where do I most feel connected with Self? Let your body lead the way." ~ Abigail HarrisECSTATIC DANCE GUIDELINES:
1. No talking during the dance.
2. Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment.
3. Care/Awareness for the co-created space and each other.
4. Move your body however you wish.WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Next-level, conscious, inspiring electronic dance music
2. A beautiful, sacred, heartful and fun dance class
3. A safe space for you to dance freely in
4. Vibrant people who love to dance and love music!ABOUT THE MUSIC:
“Enlightened Electro, World Beat, Deep House and Downtempo Bliss, plus a few surprises slipped in for good measure! Ecstatic Music Journeys for Conscious Movement and Sacred Celebration.”WHY CACAO & ECSTATIC DANCE?
Cacao is the ultimate heart opener, it will give you energy, revitalise your BodyMind inviting you to express, release & unleash your creativity during the dance!
◈ Join us to explore Cacao + Ecstatic Dance as a potent synthesis for Transformation!
Release what no longer serves you, and invite in what you want more of in your life!ABOUT DJ AND FACILITATOR:
◈ Sessions are facilitated and DJed by Seth Newman, Seth is the pioneer of Ecstatic Dance in the UK, who started Ecstatic Dance classes with his band Urubu & Ecstatic Dance London in 2009 and has been running conscious dance as well as various body-mind integration classes and workshops for many years.
◈ His inspiration for these classes come from many sources including Humanistic & Body Psychotherapy, the Human Potential Movement, 5 Rhythms, Active meditations and from the teachings of the Indian Mystic Osho whom he grew up with in India in the 1970s. Seth brings a wealth of experience holding heart-centered spaces.FEEDBACK FROM OUR LAST YEAR'S OUTDOOR ECSTATIC DANCE CLASSES:
"Blissful! The open skies above, the bountiful trees surrounding the periphery, the grass and earth beneath my feet. There was a moment when I wanted to have a little cry, because of the abundance of beauty... And then there were those moments when I was completely lost in the music... Thank YOU. ♥ "
"It was amazing!! Thank you for a wonderful afternoon with amazing tunes in a splendid environment!! Thank you everyone for your lovely presence and jubilant energy!!"
" Thank you! it was amazing to dance in the nature and connect with so many wonderful people! "
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @urubu_school_of_transformation, @ecstatic_dance_london
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: Ecstatic Dance London, URUBU, Ecstatic Dance Temple, Ecstatic Dance Festivals
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUPS: URUBU - Ecstatic Dance London, Ecstatic Dance London
JOIN US ON MEETUP: Urubu's Ecstatic Dance & Moving Meditation Community, Ecstatic Dance Temple
OUR YOUTUBE: URUBU School of Transformational Arts
EMAIL US: youareyoubeyou | gmail ! com
URUBU - YOU ARE YOU, BE YOU!
iCause.com promotes public events for free and helps event organizers connect with nonprofits to attract more participants like you.
Additionally, the iCause Global Foundation enables good people to fund great causes around the world. Together, our impacts are limitless!
The White Hart , 29 Cornwall Road, London, United Kingdom
Flat Iron Square , 87 Southwark Bridge Road, London, United Kingdom
The Old Change Bar and Kitchen , 2-3 Old Change Court, London, United Kingdom
Duo London - Bar - Restaurant - Club , 20 Inverness Street, London, United Kingdom