Data Science Projects with Python will help you get comfortable with using the Python environment for data science. This course will start you on your journey to mastering topics within machine learning. These skills will help you deliver the kind of state-of-the-art predictive models that are being used to deliver value to businesses across industries.
Data Science Projects with Python is designed to give you practical guidance on industry-standard data analysis and machine learning tools in Python, with the help of realistic data. The course will help you understand how you can use pandas and Matplotlib to critically examine a dataset with summary statistics and graphs, and extract the insights you seek to derive. You will continue to build on your knowledge as you learn how to prepare data and feed it to machine learning algorithms, such as regularized logistic regression and random forest, using the scikit-learn package. You’ll discover how to tune the algorithms to provide the best predictions on new and, unseen data. As you delve into later chapters, you’ll be able to understand the working and output of these algorithms and gain insight into not only the predictive capabilities of the models but also their reasons for making these predictions.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills you need to confidently use various machine learning algorithms to perform detailed data analysis and extract meaningful insights from data.
Data Science Projects with Python takes a case study approach to simulate the working conditions you will experience when applying data science and machine learning concepts. You will be presented with a problem and a data set and walked through the steps of defining an answerable question, deciding what analysis methods to use, and implementing all of this in Python to create a deliverable.
If you are a data analyst, data scientist, or a business analyst who wants to get started with using Python and machine learning techniques to analyze data and predict outcomes, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of computer programming and data analytics is a must. Familiarity with mathematical concepts such as algebra and basic statistics will be useful.
• Python and the Anaconda Package Management System
• Different Types of Data Science Problems
• Loading the Case Study Data with Jupyter and pandas
• Data Quality Assurance and Exploration
• Exploring the Financial History Features in the Dataset
• Activity 1: Exploring Remaining Financial Features in the Dataset
• Model Performance Metrics for Binary Classification
• Activity 2: Performing Logistic Regression with a New Feature and Creating a Precision-Recall Curve
• Examining the Relationships between Features and the Response
• Univariate Feature Selection: What It Does and Doesn't Do
• Building Cloud-Native Applications
• Activity 3: Fitting a Logistic Regression Model and Directly Using the Coefficients
• Estimating the Coefficients and Intercepts of Logistic Regression
• Cross Validation: Choosing the Regularization Parameter and Other Hyperparameters
• Activity 4: Cross-Validation and Feature Engineering with the Case Study Data
• Decision trees
• Random Forests: Ensembles of Decision Trees
• Activity 5: Cross-Validation Grid Search with Random Forest
• Review of Modeling Results
• Dealing with Missing Data: Imputation Strategies
• Activity 6: Deriving Financial Insights
• Final Thoughts on Delivering the Predictive Model to the Client
Acumen Envision run Technical IT courses that are engaging, creative and with content that sticks.
We don't believe in traditional & acceptable We do believe in Creative, Engaging & Sticky. People are not the same, the way they learn is not the same so a program has to engage all mindsets. We use a complex mix of engaging tools combined first class classroom delivery, and continuous measurement to ensure we produce true mindset and behavioural change.
Without our highly skilled training team all of the pre-course consultancy and technology customisation would just not work. The wealth of experience and real world scenarios that they bring to each classroom module enhances the discussion, engagement and overall delivery. So, whether your people are attending a 1-1 Group or Public Technology program they will receive top level classroom tuition as part of their overall learning experience.
Acumen Envision the Transformation Specialists
Specialist Technical IT Training, Sticky Effective Disruptive, We Deliver First Class Results.
Data Science Training for Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Software Developers or Anyone working in a role or wanting to work with large data sets.
Our Data Science courses cover Data Visualization, Python, Jupyter, R, AI, Machine Learning, Data Wrangling, Excel VBA, Access VBA, Scala, Spark, Power BI, Tableau and much more.
Courses run for Data People by Data Specialists.
• The latest Data Science course content
• Trainers who enjoy Data Science, delivering courses and talking about real word examples.
• Detailed course work book to take away
• Our Extras Pack for post course learning
• Certificate of completion
• Unlimited Refreshments
Why our content sticks.
• We take time to know our participants with pre course evaluation
• We don’t run large class sizes
• Our courses are delivered by subject matter experts who make the content engaging
• We like Hands on, so you can absorb the theory with practice
• We provide a 1-hour WebEx follow up to see how you are getting on to give any additional advice
Want something different?
• Can I have a course on my own. Yes, you can we can provide a 1:1 course for you either on-site or in centre.
• 1-1 or Group Training for your business, no problem.
We can customise content, combine courses or develop a program around your team or specific need.
• Need us to look at something specific, in a black hole with Excel / Access or need to migrate large amounts of data then please contact us to discuss in more detail. Our training are experts in their own field and spend 40% of their time providing on / off site consultancy.
What happens after I book?
• You will get a booking confirmation once you have placed your order.
• If you are booking a course over a weekend don’t worry one of our team will contact you via email on Monday to double check the details with you and check to see if you would like to book an optional lunch.
• We will send you the link to down load all of the tools and software needed for your course.
• 7 Days before your course date we send a reminder
• The morning of the course the course lecturer will greet you in reception if 1:1 course or in the training room if a group course.
• If you need help with anything don’t panic simply call or email us and we will assist.
Our list of Data Science Courses
• Applied Data Science with Python & Jupyter
• Applied Data Visualization with R and ggplot2
• Artificial Intelligence with Big Data
• Big Data Analysing with Python
• Big Data Processing with Apache Spark
• Data Science for Marketing Analytics
• Data Science Projects with Python
• Data Virtualisation with Python
• Data Wrangling with Python
• Excel – Introduction
• Excel – Advanced
• Excel for Data Analysis with Power Pivot
• Excel – Forecasting Data
• Excel – Sparkline and Mapping Data
• Excel – Visualising Data with Charts
• Excel - Dashboards
• Excel VBA Programming
• Access VBA
• VBA Programming
• Microsoft Power BI Data Analysis Professional
• Microsoft Power BI Data Analysis Practitioner
• Scala and Spark with Big Data Analytics
• Python Programming Introduction
• Python Advanced Programming
• Python API Development
• Python Microservices Development
• Machine Learning with Python
• Applied Unsupervised Learning with Python Libraries
• SQL for Data Analytics
• SQL Query Fundamentals
• Tableau Introduction
• Tableau Advanced
We will provide a refund for all cancellations received 14 days prior to the event.
We accept name changes up to 3 days before the event at no additional cost , if you are unable to attend.
If for any reason we have to cancel the event we will offer you the option to move onto the next available date, attend an alternative course or we will provide a full refund.
Please note that we are not liable for any travel or accommodation costs relating to your course booking.
We always try to help and be as fair as possible, so please contact us at your earliest convenience if you are unable to attend a course you have booked, so we can look at the options available for you.
iCause.com promotes public events for free and helps event organizers connect with nonprofits to attract more participants like you.
Additionally, the iCause Global Foundation enables good people to fund great causes around the world. Together, our impacts are limitless!