Take your first steps to become a fully qualified data analyst by learning how to explore large relational datasets.
Understanding and finding patterns in data has become one of the most important ways to improve business decisions. If you know the basics of SQL, but don’t know how to use it to gain business insights from data, this course is for you.
SQL for Data Analytics covers everything you need progress from simply knowing basic SQL to telling stories and identifying trends in data. You’ll be able to start exploring your data by identifying patterns and unlocking deeper insights. You’ll also gain experience working with different types of data in SQL, including time-series, geospatial, and text data. Finally, you’ll understand how to become productive with SQL with the help of profiling and automation to gain insights faster.
By the end of the course, you’ll able to use SQL in everyday business scenarios efficiently and look at data with the critical eye of analytics professional.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Use SQL to summarize and identify patterns in data
• Apply special SQL clauses and functions to generate descriptive statistics
• Use SQL queries and subqueries to prepare data for analysis
• Perform advanced statistical calculations using the window function
• Analyze special data types in SQL, including geospatial data and time data
• Import and export data using a text file and PostgreSQL
• Debug queries that won't run
• Optimize queries to improve their performance for faster results
SQL for Data Analytics perfectly balances theory and practical exercises and provides a hands-on approach to analyzing data. It focuses on providing practical instruction in both SQL or statistical analysis so that you can better understand your data. The course takes away the crumbs and focuses on being practical. It contains multiple activities that use real-life business scenarios for you to practice and apply your new skills in a highly relevant context.
If you’re a database engineer looking to transition into analytics, or a backend engineer who wants to develop a deeper understanding of production data, you will find this course useful. This course is also ideal for data scientists or business analysts who want to improve their data analytics skills using SQL. Knowledge of basic SQL and database concepts will aid in understanding the concepts covered in this course.
• The World of Data
• Methods of Descriptive Statistics
• Statistical Significance Testing
• Relational Databases and SQL
• Basic Data Types of SQL
• Reading Tables: The SELECT Query
• Creating Tables
• Updating Tables
• Deleting Data and Tables
• SQL and Analytics
• Assembling Data
• Transforming Data
• Aggregate Functions
• Aggregate Functions with GROUP BY
• The HAVING Clause
• Using Aggregates to Clean Data and Examine Data Quality
• Window Functions
• Statistics with Window Functions
• The COPY Command
• Using R with Our Database
• Using Python with Our Database
• Best Practices for Importing and Exporting Data
• Date and Time Data Types for Analysis
• Performing Geospatial Analysis in Postgres
• Using Array Data Types in Postgres
• Using JSON Data Types in Postgres
• Text Analytics Using Postgres
• Database Scanning Methods
• Performant Joins
• Functions and Triggers
• Case Study
Acumen Envision run Technical IT courses that are engaging, creative and with content that sticks.
We don't believe in traditional & acceptable We do believe in Creative, Engaging & Sticky. People are not the same, the way they learn is not the same so a program has to engage all mindsets. We use a complex mix of engaging tools combined first class classroom delivery, and continuous measurement to ensure we produce true mindset and behavioural change.
Without our highly skilled training team all of the pre-course consultancy and technology customisation would just not work. The wealth of experience and real world scenarios that they bring to each classroom module enhances the discussion, engagement and overall delivery. So, whether your people are attending a 1-1 Group or Public Technology program they will receive top level classroom tuition as part of their overall learning experience.
Acumen Envision the Transformation Specialists
Specialist Technical IT Training, Sticky Effective Disruptive, We Deliver First Class Results.
Data Science Training for Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Software Developers or Anyone working in a role or wanting to work with large data sets.
Our Data Science courses cover Data Visualization, Python, Jupyter, R, AI, Machine Learning, Data Wrangling, Excel VBA, Access VBA, Scala, Spark, Power BI, Tableau and much more.
Courses run for Data People by Data Specialists.
• The latest Data Science course content
• Trainers who enjoy Data Science, delivering courses and talking about real word examples.
• Detailed course work book to take away
• Our Extras Pack for post course learning
• Certificate of completion
• Unlimited Refreshments
• We take time to know our participants with pre course evaluation
• We don’t run large class sizes
• Our courses are delivered by subject matter experts who make the content engaging
• We like Hands on, so you can absorb the theory with practice
• We provide a 1-hour WebEx follow up to see how you are getting on to give any additional advice
• Can I have a course on my own. Yes, you can we can provide a 1:1 course for you either on-site or in centre.
• 1-1 or Group Training for your business, no problem.
We can customise content, combine courses or develop a program around your team or specific need.
• Need us to look at something specific, in a black hole with Excel / Access or need to migrate large amounts of data then please contact us to discuss in more detail. Our training are experts in their own field and spend 40% of their time providing on / off site consultancy.
• You will get a booking confirmation once you have placed your order.
• If you are booking a course over a weekend don’t worry one of our team will contact you via email on Monday to double check the details with you and check to see if you would like to book an optional lunch.
• We will send you the link to down load all of the tools and software needed for your course.
• 7 Days before your course date we send a reminder
• The morning of the course the course lecturer will greet you in reception if 1:1 course or in the training room if a group course.
• If you need help with anything don’t panic simply call or email us and we will assist.
• Applied Data Science with Python & Jupyter
• Applied Data Visualization with R and ggplot2
• Artificial Intelligence with Big Data
• Big Data Analysing with Python
• Big Data Processing with Apache Spark
• Data Science for Marketing Analytics
• Data Science Projects with Python
• Data Virtualisation with Python
• Data Wrangling with Python
• Excel – Introduction
• Excel – Advanced
• Excel for Data Analysis with Power Pivot
• Excel – Forecasting Data
• Excel – Sparkline and Mapping Data
• Excel – Visualising Data with Charts
• Excel - Dashboards
• Excel VBA Programming
• Access VBA
• VBA Programming
• Microsoft Power BI Data Analysis Professional
• Microsoft Power BI Data Analysis Practitioner
• Scala and Spark with Big Data Analytics
• Python Programming Introduction
• Python Advanced Programming
• Python API Development
• Python Microservices Development
• Machine Learning with Python
• Applied Unsupervised Learning with Python Libraries
• SQL for Data Analytics
• SQL Query Fundamentals
• Tableau Introduction
• Tableau Advanced
We will provide a refund for all cancellations received 14 days prior to the event.
We accept name changes up to 3 days before the event at no additional cost , if you are unable to attend.
If for any reason we have to cancel the event we will offer you the option to move onto the next available date, attend an alternative course or we will provide a full refund.
Please note that we are not liable for any travel or accommodation costs relating to your course booking.
We always try to help and be as fair as possible, so please contact us at your earliest convenience if you are unable to attend a course you have booked, so we can look at the options available for you.
iCause.com promotes public events for free and helps event organizers connect with nonprofits to attract more participants like you.
Additionally, the iCause Global Foundation enables good people to fund great causes around the world. Together, our impacts are limitless!